Sunday, August 9, 2026

pinky promises: the sacred law of the universe

 to me, pinky promises are the highest form of trust. here’s why you should start pinky promising: 


I remember when I started using pinky promises a lot. it was with my first ever boyfriend. I know I know, why would a man be there, bla bla bla.. but whenever we would be talking about something, ANYTHING,  I'd make him pinky promise me what he was saying was true. it seems like a cutesy little thing to do with someone, which it is, but there's actually a deeper level to it:

by showing someone that you will trust them with just a lock of pinkies, it subconsciously shows them that pinky promises mean a lot to you. then it'll 'trick' their brains into pinky promises meaning a lot to them. in simpler words... the other person will feel the gentle pressure to honor a pinky promise as much as you do. almost as if both of your brains link with a special bond with just a small gesture. people often mirror the care and value that you show, especially if you know each other on a deeper level. 

trust me when I tell you that pinky promises became a BIG factor in that relationship. he and I would use it all of the time and it was a massive deal to us. it went without saying that if one of us broke a pinky promise, it would really affect our trust.

at first, the pinky promises are used for smaller, silly things. "did you eat my sandwich?" "no..." "pinky promise." as time moves on, the purpose of pinky promises can morph into bigger things. because you've gained so much trust with the other person, a pinky promise now means a million times more than it seems.

I will never ever stop using pinky promises. they're such a cute, simple way of expressing trust to another person. I have never, and will never, break a pinky promise. I can pinky promise you that !!

xo,
blueberry pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

facetiming: the best thing ever!

 guys i love facetiming so much i literally facetimed my friend for 4 hours straight yesterday after school. my longest facetime was, get th...